Welcome to the orientation site!
You will find various information, documents and links that can be used during your journey at La Vérendrye, as well as information that can help you plan your post-secondary studies.
Your guidance counselor is Mr. Gauthier, he coordinates and directs the guidance department and is your first contact for assistance in the following areas:
- Curriculum options and course selection
- Planning for life after high school
- Career planning
- Walking from work
How do I meet with the guidance staff?
Drop in to the guidance office (no appointment necessary), communicate via Teams chat or email.
The guidance program is designed to help students better understand themselves and the world around them. The student has access to guidance services for matters related to career and academic planning and personal counseling. In addition, the guidance counsellor maintains a close relationship with the teaching staff as well as with various community and social agencies.
A variety of services are available:
Personal counseling is available to students, parents and teachers with specific concerns about academic, career, social or spiritual development.
- The guidance department is also responsible for helping each student build his or her study schedule, which will facilitate his or her academic and career path.
- Group orientation sessions are integrated into the teacher-guide program. Students have the opportunity to study topics such as personal development, self-awareness, relationships with others, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Emphasis is placed on career and academic planning. Students are expected to build a professional portfolio that can eventually be used in the job market.
- The guidance department is also an information center with a large selection of materials on personal development, academic planning and career choice. The student also has access to a number of computerized programs that can provide information on thousands of occupations, the courses required to meet admission requirements, and the institutions that offer these courses.